Thursday, April 15, 2010

In the Mood


The Phoenix Art Museum’s current fashion exhibition is an amazing 1940s collection called In the Mood. The museum is also hosting a wonderful WWII lecture and event series in conjunction with the exhibit, the first of which took place last Wednesday. I was able to attend with several friends, and suffice it to say we had a grand time!

When I say the exhibit is amazing, I mean that the pieces on display are utterly droolworthy! With everything from killer platforms to striking cocktail dresses in the collection, it was hard to pull ourselves away; there were quite a few pieces I would like to have in my own closet! I am definitely planning on attending the other events tied in to this show, schedule permitting; with titles like “Rosie the Riveter and the Arsenal of Democracy” and “From Duty to Beauty”, how can I not go? If you happen to be in the area, do try to go!

xoxo,
Amanda Lee



16 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, how I wish I could check this out in person!! You look like you stepped right out of one of the exhibits. Just PERFECTION

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's great to see the older gals pictured, also regard the value of dressing vintage...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shoes are pretty amazing! How lovely to see so many well dressed women in fabulous hats - I'm sure some of your outfits rivaled the collection itself in terms of fabulosity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. I wish I could go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friends and you are all fantastic. Have you take a time machine ?
    And what said about the platforms ? I have too much emotion beyond this beauties to said a word.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The exhibition looks amazing (as do you - what a killer outfit!)
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like an amazing exhibition, I wish I could attend myself. And your look is perfection - wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! You look AMAZING! and those shoes are unbelievable. I wish i could go!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with Frankie's wife! As an older gal myself (55!) I have been into the vintage scene since the '80's. Sometimes I feel a little wierd about wearing my stuff, but love it so much I can't help myself. These clothes were classy, well made and womanly! Thanks for posting! Zootsuitmama

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh the shoes! How fabulous!
    You look terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing, I wish I could go! Your outfits are amazing, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the sweet comments! The beautiful blond is my good friend Rose, co-owner of Matilda's Closet. The brunette is my stunning friend Nikki, another long-time collector. We met because we were the number one customers of Matilda's Closet, lol! These two gals were my partners-in-crime in Vegas--more on that soon!
    The lady in navy is another collector friend of ours--she's also a stylish vintage gal!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amanda, that is a killer outfit, you look sensational. I too enjoy your older friends and very much wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete