Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Deal of the Week

Yesterday I got to spend some time with my best gal pal Jere, a real doll with impeccable taste in fashion. When she showed me her latest finds from the Anthropologie sale rack, I nearly squealed with delight when one of them turned out to be this adorable cotton, nautical-print romper. I had seen the romper the last time I was in the store, but hadn't wanted to pay full price (though it was a fairly reasonable--for Anthro anyway--$60.) It turns out that my friend had picked it up for a mere $10--hearing that did cause me to errupt into squeals. We promptly hit the mall and I was delighted to pick one up for myself--the last in my size, no less--for that wonderfuly tiny sum. Since my Sweetie and I are headed to Nashville soon, and since it promises to be rather warm and humid there, this little number is definitely going with me!

xoxo,
Amanda Lee

13 comments:

  1. Wow, that romper is just lovely!
    From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so adorable! I was just at Anthropologie yesterday, but nothing cute and inexpensive at my store. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually never find deals like this at the local Anthros here--usually the sale prices are still pretty expensive! I was actually going to post a link to the romper, as when I check last night they still had it listed online for half price. But when I checked this morning they were sold out :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I found one! The stores will too. :) Mine is coming from the Corte Madera, CA store, but I was told Park Meadows, CO might have them in stock as well. In case anyone else is looking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great, Jennifer! And thanks for the tip :-)

    You can always order online, Bobbin--of course, maybe it's a good thing there isn't a store in your area. It sure would keep me out of trouble if I didn't live near one ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing!!!!!!!!!!
    Nashville!!?? Maybe we can meet for coffee or something!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love to, Q! We're only going to be there for a long weekend though--email me at jitterbugdoll at yahoo dot com and perhaps we can connect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw that romper in the store and was tempted, even at full price - what a steal! Not on sale yet, but the Belmont Huzzah Hat I also saw in "person" and it's really authentic, '40s looking/feeling. Online they show it in navy straw only but in the store they also had it in white with navy ribbon, tiny hint of red.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a very cute romper and what a price, zowee !

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to say that this has become favorite outfit to wear lounging around the house--it's stylish, yet quick and easy to throw on!

    1930s Girls About Town--that hat sounds like one I may need to check out :-)

    ReplyDelete