Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The Ticket to Fashion Paradise


I recently had the opportunity to wear another of NudeeDudee's divine ready-to-wear creations, a 1940s-style sundress, for a photo shoot.

Perfect for warm weather, this dress incorporates some very flattering design elements--a bust-enhancing, ruffle-trimmed shirred bust featuring a center halter strap; a fitted waist; and a softly gathered knee-length skirt. It's available in several cotton prints too, from tropical Shaheen, to 40s feedsack florals and stripes--something to suit every fancy. I chose one of the Hawaiian designs, with leafy green and brown flowers winding their way across a buttermilk yellow background. It's the perfect choice for blondes and redheads, I have to say! I paired it with bamboo earrings and bracelets, and a pair of 1940s two-toned shoes in rust leather and cream mesh, to complete the tropical look.

Matt Carson took the photos in a very suitable setting, he always does a wonderful job of picking the perfect location and capturing just the right feel!

xoxo,
Amanda Lee

  

4 comments:

  1. How splendidly pretty and endlessly summery! We got hit with snow here again recently (followed by a couple of days of on again, off again hail) and I can't wait until the temps cooperate enough to wear such fashions (sans tights and cardigans) once more.

    Wishing you a beautiful Easter celebration, dear gal!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how lovely! You look so fabulous! What a perfect background. I know, we're so lucky to live in the warm climate. I keep forgetting that the rest of the world is still somewhat frozen!

    :.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh, that's a stunner! Looks absolutely breath-taking on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous dress - looks lovely on you :)

    I have NudeeDudee on my etsy list as I admire the fab selection

    Katy
    xox
    http://vintagewife.co.uk

    ReplyDelete